Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the perimeter alarm included in the package I got, but I don't think its there. I've gotten really close, but not touching, to cars when parking and there are no beeps whatsoever. Is there some way to check if they are actually installed? Fuse or something? Some hidden turn on switch?

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I have the perimeter alarm included in the package I got, but I don't think its there. I've gotten really close, but not touching, to cars when parking and there are no beeps whatsoever. Is there some way to check if they are actually installed? Fuse or something? Some hidden turn on switch?
In this context, "perimeter alarm" means that the 4 doors, the hood, and the liftgate (or trunk lid) all have switches that can activate the alarm.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Ya, it just means that when someone breaches the perimiter of the inside of your Focus (comes inside the doors, hatch, hood, etc) the alarm will sound. Not if they come within the outside "perimeter" of your car. Misleading a bit but you still have the alarm, just not what you were thinking of.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, a bit misleading. I have it coming on my car too. I didn't really need the convenience package but I couldn't get the sport package without it.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Yeah, I 'discovered' it once already. I do not know exactly what i did..
I think i opened the door with the key, instead of usingthe keyfob buttons, and then did not start the car..
After a few minutes the horn and lights started up. WOW! blasted by my own car!

Afterwards, it made me laugh.
Use the keyfob buttons! not the key if just opening the door and not starting the car!

·
Registered
187 Posts
You are thinking of the parking sensors. The rear sensors come with the 401A package and the front sensors come with the Parking Technology Package.

The sensors are four round caps about the size of a nickel on the front and rear bumpers.

They also look to the front and rear sides of the car and will beep if someone walks up next to the car in those areas. I think the front is more sensitive than the rear, probably because they are part of the auto-park system.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Just leave your keys inside your house and try to open a door on the car, you'll see its in there and works.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If you'd like a "real" perimeter alarm, instead of the lame system Ford foisted off on you.....................I can get you a deal. Multiplexed zone alarm system with auto pan/tilt/zoom digital CCTV recording system to document evil doers "getting up on your ride" and....................... featuring a monopole singularity suspended in a magnetic flux bottle, powering a 125MW
phased argon laser as "active defense"! Turns [gunfire] finger print smearing neighbor kids, paw print planting cats, and all other intruders into an easily disposed of pile of ash. Optional active defense: Claymore mine belt around mid section of vehicle.

THAT sir, is a perimeter alarm.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for family members injured through unauthorised vehicle approach! [deviltail]

Think my SE Sport comes with the perimeter alarm too............be checking that out, along with a host of other features on Nov. 5th.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, I 'discovered' it once already. I do not know exactly what i did..
I think i opened the door with the key, instead of usingthe keyfob buttons, and then did not start the car..
After a few minutes the horn and lights started up. WOW! blasted by my own car!
I'll try this...
I do not recall if mine is alarm equipped or not.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'll try this...
I do not recall if mine is alarm equipped or not.
Bill, it's part of the 201A and 203A packages on the SE. You got it.

It's a nifty thing... pull down your windows and then lock your car. Go unlock your car by pulling the handle from the inside. You'll start noticing your car's security flasher flashing more prominently and faster on the dash, and then a series of beeps will start moving faster and faster. Then the honking hits within 15 (estimated) seconds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts