Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we all knon that sct is pretty much the best plug and play tuner

i want to kno if there are any more out there like this that actually good and dosent cost a arm and a leg

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
I wouldnt say SCT is the best, I have both Diablo and SCT and they both do the same job , you need to be looking at the tuners as well as the devise that loads the tune

Diablo only offers a flasher for the SVT Focus so your back to the SCT and for 379.00 you get a lot for the money if bought through me , you get

A XCAL3 that can load the custom tune to your car
Life time free NA tunes as you mod
The ability to read and clear Check Enging Light = CEL
A scan tool to check about everything that the engine is doing in real time
And more

Tom

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so about 400 if brought from u with all that

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Tom - Not to steal a thread, but can you unlock an Xcal II, or can only SCT do it?

If you can, how much do you charge to unlock and reload a new tune file?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Tom - Not to steal a thread, but can you unlock an Xcal II, or can only SCT do it?

If you can, how much do you charge to unlock and reload a new tune file?
If the original vehicle the device was used on was not returned to stock then we are the only ones that can unlock the device and there is a fee for that.

If the original vehicle the device was used on was returned to stock then it can be unlocked using liveload if it is an X2 or is unlocked automatically if it is an X3 or Livewire.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
No, the car hasn't been returned to stock. It can't be. I need the EGR system to remain deleted, as well as the rear o2 sensor.

It's what...like $150 for the unlock? For some reason that number is sticking in my mind.

·
Registered
720 Posts
No, the car hasn't been returned to stock. It can't be. I need the EGR system to remain deleted, as well as the rear o2 sensor.

It's what...like $150 for the unlock? For some reason that number is sticking in my mind.
Yes, $150 is the standard unlock fee for a device in this state.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does sct do turbo tunes

what are other options to tuneing for a turbo besides a dyno

·
Registered
720 Posts
does sct do turbo tunes

what are other options to tuneing for a turbo besides a dyno
Our dealers can use our software to set up just about anything.

The best way to tune any FI setup is on the dyno in person. Remote works but you never know what kind of issues will come up.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for the setup im running for now is only gonna be 5psi max so im thinkin a dyno tune would be to much

so do u think bigger injectors and a xcal would work?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts