Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I was headed In the right direction. I have a steeds Sri. I getting ready to buy some more. Looking at an exhaust headers and toms tune. When I go to buy headers do I have to upgrade my cams or is that if I want more power. When I get all this what will my car be pushing. As for exhaust I was going to buy de stelath muffler and just have a local shop run the pipes. Thanks for the help

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
you dont need cams, a header alone wil suffice.

p.s. its header not headers lol

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
u dont need cams for a header. check the dyno thread for numbers....ud probly be around 130-135.

u dont need a tune if u dont do cams either.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
I got FS stealth exhaust/OBX 4-1 header/FS CAI/and one of Toms tunes and I'm pushing 140WHP. Read my SIG. I would also recommend getting a tune if your planing on doing bolt ons weather you do it dyno or Tom I think it is verry benificail to know what your AFR is. I think tune is a must if you got bolt on's. IMO. And as for cams you don't need em' but if you want them then go w/ Crane stage 2's w/ springs and retainers I'm sure honhon will chime in as well as others soon enough

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yeah, i knew u were around 135 range, so i based that number on u, and the fact he has an SRI, instead of the cai....which would be less power. so i figure 130 to 135.

·
1,999 Posts
prolly bout rite w/ 135 unless he's got a 2.3 like Jetrinka then hell be pushing in the 150 range, depending on the dyno too. if your going to dyno it and I recommend you do after all your mods you've listed are done then you need to take it back to the same dyno so you get an acurate messurement.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
he doesnt have an ST, like me and justin, so i based it on that as well.

wonder if he will be surprised with that number when he comes back to look.

·
1,999 Posts
oh ya I just looked hes got ZX3 like me....ya, 136.8 is what I'm guessing. before Justin got his dynoed we had a some what poll on how much he'd get as far as WHP and I hit it on the nose....I forgot what it was now, but I was rite on w/ the guess. I think I said 158.6 or somthing like that.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thanks for all the info and help.. i am a lil suprised at the numbers because almost everyone was tellin me my car was pushing 130 stock but i guess not

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
That 130 stock is measured at the crank. Stock HP at the wheels should be at around 110 or so. With the mods it brings it up to around 135 or so which would be somewhere around 155 at the crank. So with the said mods you should be scratching stock ST territory as far as HP goes. ST came with around 130 at the wheels stock and 151 at the crank.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so im guessing with the mods i said i would be doing alright with my car as for HP goes and everything.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
remember it is a light and nimble car so even though the numbers don't look huge on paper, the car still drives like something with much more hp [thumb]

·
1,999 Posts
X2^^^^ I just spanked my roommates Scion TC yesterday...or saturdaty I forget but the point is that they are light cars and they have gread TQ along w/ WHP. You can read my spank of the room mate on the Kill list thread on general race chat

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yeah, u got the hp, i had the tq number i believe, for jetrinka. yeah, these numbers are at the crank....but u can still tell ur buddies ur pushing around 150 after ur mods lol. if they dont know the difference. [:)~]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts