Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my focus for a few months now and i love it. i have alot of money saved up and would like to do some engine work to it. where do u think i should start and what all should i do? any help would be appricated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
first of all determine some sort of eventual goal to reach. Do you want to give er just a little more pep?. Do you want to take it to the track and hang with the mustangs? somewhere in between?
trust me it matters because you can spend alot of extra cash (i have) on things you might not want to end up with in the end....

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I would start with a Cold Air Intake, performance plugs and wires, under drive pulley, and if you have ALOT of money.....turbo it! [:D]

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
like said.. find out what you want first out of your car... then do the cai, ehaust, header, bigger flex. I wouldn't even bother with the plugs and wires honestly.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Can't really give you an idea of what to do w/o knowing what your looking to spend.

·
Registered
800 Posts
just boost it and get a boost controller and u can decide to go fast of get good gas millage its a win win situation

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
start with headers intake copper plugs spark plug wires header and a tune after that cam gears and cams and then go on from there

·
Banned
143 Posts
i say if you have alot of money, go turbo or supercharger straight away. dont muck about with air intakes and the like because when you go forced induction you will have to replace them anyway. there are many turbo/supercharger kits that come complete with air intake, manifold etc. a second hand one could be had for $2000 or so. it may soud expensive but for the power and more importantly torque you get, it is very good value compared to staying n/a. a typical n/a build would include air intake, exhaust, cams, higher compression, head work and a tune or aftermarket engine management. this would cost well over $2000 and the power output will be less than if going with turbo or supercharger. high powered na cars typically have much less torque than similar powered fi cars making them less streetable.

also suspension is a very good area to spend money on. for $2000 invested you would have one of the very best handling fwd cars on the street. whereas $2000 on the engine would give you a quick car but definately not the quickest.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
my NA build cost me around 5k. if i would have decided to SC along time ago, I would had saved 3k!

·
Registered
235 Posts
start with simple stuff i say. intake header exhaust. let the focus breath a little better. do a lot of reaserch before you start spending otherwise you might end up with something you dont want. dont bother with plugs and wires. they dont really help performance too much. go with some in suspension too. remember power is worthless if your car cant handle. springs struts and sway bars will help control your power. look aroung on here and see what ppl have invested it to help you also

-Mike-

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
i would do copper plugs and a good set of wires, no need for a coil tho

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The first thing I would do is get a tune.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts