Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my 1st Focus, a 2013 Focus Titanium hatchback. So far am loving it. Am considering doing some kind of performance upgrades, but not sure what to do or where to start. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
It depends on your budget. For cost effectiveness I'd recommend the E-Focus Rear motor mount, Easy install and you can feel the difference in drivability. You can also modify your stock airbox with a drop in filter, snorkel removal, and newmission mod. you can find write ups and how tos for all of these on the forum using the search option. If you have a large budget then you can look into exhaust/header/tune/CAI/Suspension/custom work(Cams, injectors, etc.). Everything you need to know is on the forum like I said, It just depends on your budget and what you are trying to gain (Throttle response, handling, drive feel, sound, or all of the above).

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
No worries. You can also cut costs by purchasing used products, just make sure you do your research and know what you are buying.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
To start off with I'd definitely recommend upgrading the rear engine mount (the stock unit is far too soft) as well as the rear sway bar. Both make very noticeable improvements, don't cost much, and aren't too involved to install.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Allows for better airflow to the intake and engine bay.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You should figure out the "identity" of the car before you start. Mine started as a daily-driver/grocery getter and has evolved into something well beyond that. In the long run, figuring out what you want the car to do will save you money and time.

For example, if I knew I would want height adjustability and damper-matched springs, I would have just ordered coilovers instead of buying the Koni yellows and FC springs in the first place. The Konis rode fine, but I love my Teins.

Personally, besides what the other guys said, a pair of lightweight wheels and better rubber would make the car feel more sporty due to reduction in unsprung weight and added grip. I have 17x7 5Zigen FN01Rs with 215/45-17 Nitto Neo Gens. They are great wet/dry tires and are much lighter than the stock setup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello fellow Ontarians,

Also looking for performance upgrades. Want to start on the suspension ... anti-sway bars and / or a tower strut for my 2007 Wagon SES.
Anyone know where in York Region, Aurora/Newmarket area, I would be able to buy components?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
952 Posts
I echo Twenty on the rear mount and sway bar. Especially the bar. That was easily the biggest difference for me. Very easy install on both accounts. Great bang for buck!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hello fellow Ontarians,

Also looking for performance upgrades. Want to start on the suspension ... anti-sway bars and / or a tower strut for my 2007 Wagon SES.
Anyone know where in York Region, Aurora/Newmarket area, I would be able to buy components?

Thanks,

Mike
It's a bit further but Teknotik is very popular, in Scarborough. They got me my Downforce lip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts