Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Recently installed Bilstein B8 rear shocks on my focus and handles great. I cannot find replacements for the front struts. Is coil overs the only solution for me?

Haven't had great luck finding a replacement performance strut.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, seems like the chassi on 1st gen looks similar to mines, wondering if struts would fit.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Brakes, Chassis & Suspension.

You're good with anything that fits '06-'11, adds to your choices as little is officially listed for the '08-'11.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Any suggestions for a front sway bar? I can only find one from Whiteline
what size bar do you have now? IIRC, some models from your gen came with up to a 22mm bar. Again, you can widen your car model search when it comes to sway bars. Anything from 00-11 will work there. H&R and Eibach are both popular.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
rambleon84 actually has a review that shows on that link for me, 22mm for that one mentioned.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Prob. better off NOT changing the front, stiffer in the rear helps reduce understeer.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
rambleon84 actually has a review that shows on that link for me, 22mm for that one mentioned.
funny, forgot that i posted a review there (think they had a promotion at the time for a chance to win something!)

Prob. better off NOT changing the front, stiffer in the rear helps reduce understeer.
I agree. Get the new springs/struts installed, drive around for a couple weeks that way. Then add the rear bar and pay attention to the differences. Consider sway bars as fine tuning. Get used to how the car handles and add sways as needed. Plus the rear bar is something you can add in an afternoon in your own driveway with jack stands.

The front bar is more involved (have to lower the front cradle to access/install it) and depending on your skill/tools you may feel comfortable doing that. I have the 21mm svt front bar and the Steeda rear, I am happy with that combo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts