Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2003 focus zx3 and my previous car was a prelude 2.3l, I tuned that car to the max and I wanna tune my focus, im not sure what aftermarket parts i wanna go with, if you could give me some good brands and prices for:

1. Cat Back
2. Cold Air Intake
3. Headers
4. Short Through (do you have to unbolt the tranny to lower it to fit the new short through on?)
5. Cam and gears
6. any other horse power increasing bolt ons

ohh and wtf does zetec mean, what does it do, and what is it

thanks

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
ZETEC isnt really much of anything.

1. Magnaflow, MBRP, Borla, Focussport Stealth exhaust systems. All ranging from $250 to $400.

2. Steeda short ram, Focussport cool flo, F2 intake, AEM, Volant. All prices range.

3. Long or short tube header? Long tube gets better top end power and removes the cat making the car loud. Short tube connects to the stock cat and allows for a high flow cat in green states, this wont give the same power numbers. There is also the option of SVT headers with the cat and flex pipe. This can give the same power as the regular long tube, but its really expensive.

4. For the shifter I would say Steeda Tri/Ax. From what I hear its one of the best. $170

5. Depends on what type of overlap/grind you want. Different types and brands offer different things.

6. Flex pipe (the only kink in the system once headers and bat back are put on) $150?, Throttle body, 2000 intake manifold if you want to get serious.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
If i were you, I'd try this...

Powerworks kit cuz it has most of the mods you'll want on the intake side
(Short Ram with hiflow filter, BBK Throttle Body, and of course an intercooled roots blower that replaces you're intake mani.)

If you dont like the $4k ticket right away, then you can build up to with

exhaust (Get everything SVT that you can header, flex, cat and the SVT Borla)
Drivetrain (Upgraded clutch, Limited Slip Diff., possibly a lightweight Flywheel and of course a Short Throw Shifter)

If you really want to get crazy, you can opt to upgrade your Cylinder Head while you're at it(Ford Racing or Cosworth Head, Stage 2 Cams with esslinger cam gears)

For best prices id check mcnews or cfm
Hope this helps [thumb]

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
^ everything he listed is good..similar to jeremys setup...hes puttin out i think around 270whp, which is a nice little gain

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
if you just want the basic bolt on's then i'd go with what BigRed said, and also you could add a UDP and a 65MM throttle body

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
just so u know, zetec is just the name of the motor....that's all.

·
Team Shocker #2
1,776 Posts
So I don't understand where you want to go with this car, do you want to keep it NA, supercharge it, or turbo it? Also what kind of racing do you do if any? That would help a lot. Btw welcome to the forums.

·
FF Affiliate
158 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
that looks like a nice solid shifter...if i didnt already have the frpp one i'd definitely buy one...thats a great price too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts