Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I own a 2014 Ford Focus automatic as known for tranny issues ....

since last year I felt a bad performance issue, lack of power, sound from the engine like a cat, and an enormous decrease of MPG like right know I’m between 10.8/17.5 MPG.

The car have 215.539MI right now, oil change done every 5k synthetic high mileage etc so the car is maintained pretty well by myself.

So before saying that is the cat I’m gonna update the all repairs done so far.
Catalytic convertor.
fuel pump, fuel rails ( both ), wires ( both ), fuel hoses by the engine all of them, fuel injectors done today, mechanical pump.
Intake manifold gasket plus throttle body.
Engine valve cover plus gasket.
compression test done as well piston rings are goods

And some others small repairs...
Here is my issue I cannot found where this lack of MPG and lack of power come from and this is driving me nuts! Vacuum leak maybe? No clue I’ve tried to check it up but I couldn’t found anything. I still have a code showing up for P018C but damn it I’ve change everything already, maybe the PCM? I’ve took the pcm out already and cleaned the wires Incase but same thing.

Tranny? Not sure the TCM have less than two years and the clutch as been changein February. I’m still thinking about swapping the transmission but not for today tho...

Even the dealer couldn’t found the issue.

Second think I have a code U0100 loss of communication with the PCM I just wondering if there is any issues with the wires assembly or the PCM is self ...

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
P018C is low fuel pressure. Did you replace the fuel filter? Not very familiar with the focus fuel system yet but there may be anti-drainback check valves that could get stuck and restrict flow as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I’ve already cleaned my valve as much possible but no sand blasted yet.

I’m thinking about an electrical issue to be honest like a bad grounding or something like that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has been change twice plus wires both of them rail and the one on the top right by the mechanical pump

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are you able to confirm they are giving the right feedback to the ECU? My torque app will let me read the fuel pressure from those sensors. Could be an open or short in the wiring like you're thinking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I found my fuel pressure was really low and I couldn’t found from where it coming from this is a total headache couldn’t say what was the psi I don’t remember.

so far I’ve change couple things, injectors, pump both, pressure sensors mechanical pump.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you can get a scanner that will log data that will help get you out of the "throwing parts at it" mode. If possible, take a step back and watch some YouTube videos. Don't let the dealers "can't find the problem" discourage you either, techs are discouraged from fixing issues like this and not want to put 4 hours of research into a car to achieve 1hr of book time. Much easier to keep replacing air filters and doing oil changes.

Forscan is a great way to go, just need a laptop and high speed obd cable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I fixed!!!! Just today I’ve get at ford and change my negative grounding plus the sensor no more loss of power or code!!!

I was sure that something was wrong with my electric system, here we go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey that's awesome, glad you got it fixed. To clarify, did you change the ground wire on the sensor or the ground wire from battery to chassis? The factory ground wire might be a bit of a weak link.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts