Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Titanium. I am looking at buying a new intake fir the car. But which one should I buy? My choices are the FSWerks or KN? Any help on which is better? More power verses the other. Thanks guys.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Fswerks does good for the price, but k&n will be better because it will help draw cold air to the filter. I'd also say look into the Steeda CAI it is one of the best IMO.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Fswerks does good for the price, but k&n will be better because it will help draw cold air to the filter. I'd also say look into the Steeda CAI it is one of the best IMO.
I have to agree, the Steeda defintely is a great intake, their velocity stack design really improved the way air flows in the intake. Also, the billet aluminum MAF housing is pretty rugged and prevents the risk of cracking the stock one like people have done with the K&N. I have had both the K&N and Steeda. Both are awesome, but the Steeda had a bit smoother of a power band and a bit more HP with my car. The unfortunate thing with these SRI is that they all compromise low end TQ. AEM is the only true AFTERMARKET CAI and that one has shown the best gains because it is the only intake that is placed outside the engine bay.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Steedas intake the CAI at least isolates the air filter and retains the cold air feeds. But you are correct the aem relocates the filter out of the engine bay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
does anyone know if the st throttle body will fit the se?

·
Registered
13 Posts
so it won't get me a better response

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
There is a company that will bore out your throttle body. Kinda expansive. I forget there name.

·
Registered
343 Posts
does anyone know if the st throttle body will fit the se?
From what I've been told, yes, it will fit. You could buy a ported and polished throttle body for your na mk3 from modern performance. You probably won't gain power in the sense that restriction has been free'd up (even though there will be less restriction in the intake system)but it will most definitely shift your powerband somewhat. You'll likely need a tune to accommodate it too, otherwise you probably won't be able to idle correctly and might go into limp mode or something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
thanks for the responces, I will leave it as is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I recently traded in my 2012 Focus for a 2015 GTI, and have my K&N intake that I used for about a year for sale. I'll get it on the classifieds section eventually, but I want to take some pictures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts