Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's my question..... what kind of improvement do you obtain performance wise if you purchase a High Flow Intake Manifold????

And with that question stated.... where can I find one other than at SteedaFocus?? And if no then will the Steeda one fit a 2001 SE???[?]

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm well I'm still saving up my money and I'll say I still got a longs way to go... but here's what I am planning on doing engine wise:

-Headers, Exhaust, Short Ram Intake
-Stage 2 Cams, AEM Gears, Pulley
-Demon Coil Ignition Kit
-Throttle Body, Stage 2 Clutch, Flywheel, and LSD

So far I've only gotten my suspension done:

- Eibach Pro Kit
- Eibach Sway Bars

Any other suggestions???

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Ignition kit isn't necessarily needed. Go with good sparkplugs and a set of good wires and you're okay.

Go long tube header for max power.

You won't need any kind of aftermarket intake manifold unless you're running higher compression or FI. Best bet is to get a ported y2k manifold with that setup.

What about getting an aftermarket head/headwork?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
sorry i don't mean to threadjack this, but does anybody have any info on the new fr manifold. i know it doesn't really relate to the mods drift_master87 wants to do, but if you're going fi, since the fr p&p head, mani, and 70mm tb are made to be used together, would it be a good idea to use them if you're planning on 300+hp?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will an aftermarket head/headwork make a difference???

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
On a SE??? i don't think is going to be that easy to find all those mods if you don't have a zetec engine

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha thats what I'm saying. But just for me to know...... does header work make a difference at all??? I always thought it dealt with compression or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts