41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
You have a header? If not, do it before a intake manifold

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
160 on dynojet. Tom said it would have likely been near 170 if it was taken to 7300. I'll more than likely dyno again this summer if I get the intake manifold.
What mods did you have when you hit 160?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I asked Tom what the safe limit was and that's what he said. The 5 speeds can already do it but without a better intake solution there is no point since the power dies out past 7000. Apparently he can let the 5 speeds spin all the way to 8000 if they can handle it.

I'm very impressed with the rev limit on this 5spd. The car is an utter piece dogshite at low rpm though. I'm finding myself constantly changing after 7k rpm just to feel a bit of power.
I really want some boost

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
I'd love a header with a high flow cat. I don't want my car any louder than it is. A catless header will sound raspy.
Add resonator and straight through design muffler thats quiet, like the Dynomax Ultraflow SS...you need a header, you'd be closer to 170 for sure with one.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Anybody here with a header in an emissions test area? Wisconsin does OBD2 checks, and I can't just have Tom delete my rear O2 out. All sensors must be working and in the "ready" state. Has anybody used an O2 extender/anti fouler or O2 simulator on these cars?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Anybody here with a header in an emissions test area? Wisconsin does OBD2 checks, and I can't just have Tom delete my rear O2 out. All sensors must be working and in the "ready" state. Has anybody used an O2 extender/anti fouler or O2 simulator on these cars?
I did and it worked prior to tune. It's still on the header. My state only tests computer and no sniff test

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
I did and it worked prior to tune. It's still on the header. My state only tests computer and no sniff test

Sent from my XT1585 using FF Mobile
That's what I needed to hear. Did you need to do a 90 bend or will a straight one fit?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts