Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I was thinking the other day about my "BMW street" thread, and I had a thought....what would it take to take down a BMW? Think of it this way, Sport Compact Car did something similar, only trying to take down an STV stang with and STV focus...now, i've been doing some research. A BWM 328 (which is what I'm pretty sure it was) will run 0-60 from 6.4 to 6.8 seconds, 1/4 mile from 14.8 to 15.2, and pull about 0.83-0.84 on a skidpad...
A BMW 318 will pull about the same skidpad, but run 0-60 in 8.4 and 16.3 1/4 mile..
while a focus sedan will run about ,about 16.0-16.5 1/4 mile, 8.2 0-60, and a ZX3 (all I could find) will pull about a 0.76 on the skidpad...

so the obvious question is.....

how hard would it be to take down a BMW?

·
Registered
381 Posts
with all the bolt ons plus cams you should see low 15.0-15.3 if you get p&p head raised compression you should hit high 14's. Or you can get a 75 shot and run mid 14's.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's funny, I was thinking about getting a powerworks kit before....I can get one for about $3800 CDN...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I can beat my friends 325 M-tec, even stock I was nearly dead even with him.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Hehe..."STV"

Yeah just save yourself the trouble and buy a PW kit.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CDN is Canadian....sure, CFM has it for 2999....plus shipping and conversion....I wouldn't need to get it shipped if I bought locally...

how is the Vortech kit? I haven't heard anything about it, I imagine the PW kit is worth the extra $700....

·
SUPER FAST
1,656 Posts
if your gonna go the FI route i would go with the PW kit cant be beat especially if your going with a daily driver everything ive read PW kit is the best...and maybe im just confused here but the new 3 series BMW is looking at around 300HP (or so im told) are you guys refering to the new bimmers or older ones because i doubt a PW kit on a stock focus could take down a new 3 series

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and maybe im just confused here but the new 3 series BMW is looking at around 300HP (or so im told) are you guys refering to the new bimmers or older ones because i doubt a PW kit on a stock focus could take down a new 3 series
no, the car I'm taking about isn't one of the new 330/335's....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts