Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Total waste of money

Votes: 3 60.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok stupid noob question here... I shop on ebay a lot and every other product I see is some type of performance chip that ALL promise to give you anywhere between 10-25 extra HP.... What's the deal with these things? Are they just a big hoax? Can somebody shine some light on this subject for myself and any other rookies that see these things? Is there one worth buying? Has anyone else bought one and have any results? Thanks everyone! Stay focused![???:)]

·
Registered
369 Posts
although i do not own one it is my understanding that those things are crap. i just bought my focus but the same issue arose with my tiburon, if there was some little chip that for 20 dollars would boost your performance to such a degree then the dealers would already have them, and every tuner in the world would have 7 of them. the focus community does have some credible chips out there if you are willing to spend the money. ebay ones are shit, read the lame feedback on some of them, most of it is fake.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'd stay away from most of those chips. Stick with an XCal 2 and you'll be safe.

As with any chip you should get dyno tuned to ensure everything is set correctly and that you're not going to blow up your ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts