Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there no good performance chips on the market? I don't see them mentioned in any of the Bolt on threads or go faster threads. Anyone got any ideas here?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yeah anything by SCT is awesome....... several of our sponsors sell them.............

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Seems that chips arent as popular as having your car "tuned" now.
That way you tune your chip the way you want it.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
SCT and Diablo are all the same what you want to be asking is , Who is the best tuner SCT cannot do anything that Diablo cannot do , its the tuner

The best thing you can do if find a GOOD local tuner and have him tune your car on the dyno

There are so many shops out there selling tunes that dont even have a dyno so there guessing at what will work and no 2 Foci are the same

Tom

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Agreed ^^ Especially if you have alot of bolt-ons. The more variables ( bolt-ons ) you add to the car, the more possibilty of a tune going the wrong way with something.
The best way IMO, do all your bolt-ons, then get the car dyno tuned for what you have.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So any1 know of any actual chips, not tuners? I'm kind of in the middle of no-where so a tun isn't really looking good, plus I wan't really wantint to get into that yet. Any ideas?

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
you don't want one of those off the shelf generic piece of s[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]t jet chips![8]

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
Diablo and SCT both make chips , Do you want it to run its best or do you just want to be able to say you have a chip in it ?

Go to the dynojet website and look in the Ok. section for a tuner diablo and SCT also have tuner locaters on there sites

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts