Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i live in SA i drive a 2002 Ford Focus ive done a free flow exhaust which is a performance exhaust i think you call it cat back? got a k and n flat pannel air filter and removed the air box resinator i plan to get branches or what you call headers to complete the exhaust sysem. and i am also looking at chips im trying to compare local stuff with international ones what chips have you used and what sort of gains did you get thanks

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
SCT X Cal 2 is a great way to go. It plugs into your OBD2 port (if you have those over there) and allows you to reflash the ECU with different tunes with the mods you have done. The tunes take into factor many different things, and it can data log so you can make even better tunes. It also checks and clears engine codes. On a stock engine i think they got like 6 whp? maybe...If you drive an automatic it can change your shift points aswell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i dont drive an auto its a manual...i think i do have that port cos i think my car is the same as your zx5 its a 2.0 zetec and has 128bhp standard,is your zx5 the same as the european focus?

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
all late model cars are mandatorily equipted w/ OBDII ports

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
is your car a euro spec focus? if so, there's no out of the box tuning due to the fact that the ECU's are different. . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts