Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Performance chip

708 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  FLYLOW 
#1 ·
Click Here
What do you think of it? 25 bucks for 25 HP... deal or internet scam?

#6 ·
1 - you'll notice that the majority of the feedback is simply "fast shipping", that hardly says much about the product.
2- if it's like most of the eBay "horsepower enhancers" it's just a resistor that fools the computer about the incoming air temp. That works until the computer figures out that it's being lied to - which is not long at all.
If you have twenty five bucks you're desperate to get rid of you can always send it to me, but I wouldn't waste in on anything that gives an "instant 25 HP".
Horsepower just doesn't come that easy or cheap with small engines...

#8 ·
scam

it a LIE!!and it wil f@#*k up your o2 sensor and cause havoc with the emissions system on your car!!send me the $25 and i'll save you hundreds in repair bills to straighten out what that resistor screwed up![?|]

#9 ·
I wouldn't get it, even if it was free. It would do more harm than good. Just save your money and get "real" aftermarket parts for you car.

Another way is to keep an eye on the For Sale forum. A lot of the guys here sell their stuff really cheap, and it's for sure it'll fit and work for you car.

Good luck and have fun modding!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.