Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If you think that buying a $1 resistor is cool, then go at it. All it does is trick your thermostat into thinking it's 20 degrees colder so it adds more fuel in to compensate. They run your engine hard, without much of a benefit. You may see an increase in hp, but will probably loose moreso in torque.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You really don't need a custom tune unless you do some major engine mods. I.E. new fuel system, forced induction, new gearing, different maf... You can get by with just a regular tune from diablochip.

·
Registered
717 Posts
But your mod list only shows a Borla catback and FC short shifter. Standard tune will do fine.

When you get the JRSC, gears and whatnot, then a custom tune will be needed.

·
Registered
688 Posts
lol i knew that would happen. Yes my mod list shows the mods I have now, I'm saving up for the JRSC now, after that, I'm gonna finish the rest of the engine mods, go onto the drivetrain, then I'll get the chip. I'm not getting the chip yet, wont be till after my engine and drivetrain mods are done. I was just sayin that's what I'm gonna get for the chip.Sorry if im confusing you guys! And when I said mod list in my last post I ment this one.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=9050#post9050

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
have any idea how many people are *getting* turbos and super chargers and rocket launchers and a license to kill on this forum? like 50% of the people here. When you get them on the car, get a custom tuned ship, unless you have an auto, there's no real big reason to get a chip anyways unless you have big mods.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts