Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just went over to the Mazda dealer because Egz said that the 2004 Mazda Tribute's outside door handles fit perfectly. He's completely right. Since Ford own's Mazda I guess... perfect and exactly the same. It's just that instead of the black plastic, it's already painted. COOL BEANS. But Mazda's price was 14.50 each. Not the $90 bucks he said. Egz, I'm sure you'll be reading this, did you tell them you don't have a Tribute? 'Cause now I need to get a vin number... but I don't want the price to go up if I don't have a Tribute.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Twofocused also has those handles. Here's a pic.

Twofocused said:
Those are Mazda tribute door handles. The painted ones are stock on the V6 models. They are smooth and exact replacements for the Focus. You can get the keyhole like I did or get the non keyhole ones if you have power locks. On the power lock cars the driver door has a keyhole, you can cover it up if you want to. The only negative is if you lose the keyfob or have a dead battery, then you will have to crawl through the trunk to get in. Small price to pay to look cool.

The trick is to go on the Mazda lot and see if the Tribute comes in your color, there are 2 different silvers, but neither are CD silver. I know the Sangria, black, and Cloud 9 White are the same, havent checked on the others. Once you decide that the color matches go into the dealer and try to get them to look up the part numbers. They run about $43 + tax a door if you order them from a dealership, about $30 a door no tax if you order them from a dealership that has online parts sales.

I tried to research part numbers on the web, problem is that there were 6 differnt part numbers for Red handles, I couldnt figure out if it was the same Sangria Red or not. The parts guy finelly figured out that all 6 numbers were superseeded into 1 number.

I think that a Escape also has the same handles. The contour of the handle is slightly more peaked than the Focus, but the base looks the same. If they are the same, then there are more color options.

Mazda and Ford call thier paint colors by different names and different color numbers. Sometimes you can cross reference them, sometimes not, that is why it is best to go on a lot and look for yourself.

Install is easy, about 45 minutes a door, a couple minor speedbumps, I can post instructions if anyone wants/needs them.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Are you saying they'll raise the price or not sell to you if you don't have a Tribute?
I would like to see some instructions as I am going to change my handles also.[:D]

The handles look great! Beats those black ones!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
How do you remove the handles? I was wanting to get my brother in law that is a mechanical engineer to make some billit aluminum handles for me and powder coat them black.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yeah we need to all go in on this as a gruop, and give them the same VIN#, and well say its all diff colors...........[paranoid]

·
Registered
92 Posts
You shouldn't need a vin.... Just tell them what you're doing and they should at least be able to give you a price. I just emailed my local dealer for price and availability. Should hear back in a few days.... I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Rode next to a black tribute this morning. I think I might go to the Mazda dealer and price them out. My question is, how do you change out the lock cylinders on the handles?

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
i only hope they have it in liquid gray...i want them..
but here in PR will be very expensive...willbe waiting for you guys...

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Went to the Mazda dealship last night and ordered handles for my white ZX5. I told them what I was doing and they had no problem with it. They looked up the part number which it appears to have been changed like six times but finally resolved that issue. They said it would have helped or been quicker locating the right part/color if they could enter a vin # ( that is the purpose of the vin # not for pricing). They were $32.50 each and should be in next week. I don't know about the other colors but the Focus cloud 9 white is called oxford white on the Tribute.

Now, what about directions on replacing the handles. Microtonal can you post directions?

[clap]

·
Registered
951 Posts
Thank you for the info. Now I wanna hear the install to see how difficult this would be cause I would love to yip those black handles.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
really what i wanna know is how much is it alltogether paint and all? Will Mazda paint them in colors done by Ford such as Liquid Grey :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
My buddies Sister has a Tribute and it is Dark Blue. I am going to park my Twilight Blue Foci next to it and see if thier blue is close. I will let you know what I find out!

1 - 20 of 347 Posts