Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a infrared sedan... and I was wondering what percent of tint on the car would look good, and still be legal.. I think it's 35% in WA. Thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
A tint shop will be able to tell you what the legal limit is.

I have 30% on mine, the legal limit in Oregon.

Here is a pic from last June afer I had it done:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could someone describe to me just how dark the different percentages are? I followed the link above, but I can't really get a good read on it. I haul some musical gear in my car and I'd like it to be dark enough so my gear can't be seen easily, and translucent enough that I won’t get pulled over. The legal limit here in Maryland is 35%.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
154 Posts
The legal limit in Ohio is 50%, I have 20% all the way around (except the windshield). I have had 20% on my last 3 cars and never had a cop pull me over for it. I just got pulled over last week and given a written warning - which i plan to ignore! But my other cars didnt look as dark as my SVTF because the interior on them was a lighter color, my focus has black and blue and the windows look really dark. [thumb]

·
Registered
510 Posts
The %'s is how clear the window is. Lower the # the darker the tint. A say a window starts out at 100% visibility. You put 35% tint on it, that will take you visibility down to 65%, so at 20% tint your visibility will be down by 80%. Or you could say you only have 20% visibility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts