Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont want this to become a hate thread, I dont want to know about anybody else's tune thats available, I've got all that info, and I've talked to the guys with other tunes. I just want to find out how the people that have it, ONLY the people that have it, like it, what differences they felt before and after, and how long they've been running the tune. Especially interested in hearing from 5 speed cars like myself. I just have the K&N Typhoon and chopped the lunchbox off. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

·
FF Affiliate
31,175 Posts
Why dont we do this , I will send you a XCAL4 if you dont see any performance gain then your can return it , if you see a gain you can pay me for it , I am that confident with my flasher , tuning and customer service

You can post about shipping , how the base tune does , how my remote tuning works and if it helps , how the datalogging goes , use your words and your opinions good bad or otherwise

Its very hard to get MK3 customers to post about tuning these days , with the earlier Foci most would post but with the MK3 it just doesnt happen much even tho I ask them to

Tom

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why dont we do this , I will send you a XCAL4 if you dont see any performance gain then your can return it , if you see a gain you can pay me for it , I am that confident with my flasher , tuning and customer service

You can post about shipping , how the base tune does , how my remote tuning works and if it helps , how the datalogging goes , use your words and your opinions good bad or otherwise

Its very hard to get MK3 customers to post about tuning these days , with the earlier Foci most would post but with the MK3 it just doesnt happen much even tho I ask them to

Tom
If you're willing to do that, then I'm 100% down. I would love to be able to be a positive spokesperson for this thing on the MK3.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm live in Thailand. It's really easy to communicate on IM. I can just type what I need and Tom will send back a tune file for me. I'm very pleased with the result of his tunning. The car run faster and the transmission works better than before. Also it comes with a good fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a tuner earlier this month and couldn't be happy great performance gain car feels and drive better then it ever did. if anyone is looking for a great tune with one of the most helpful person you could talk with. then tom is your guy everything was fast got everything i want from a tune and being able to have a hands on with how everything and getting the most out of my car this is the way to go. will be doing business with him for a long time.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Just ordered mine. Can't wait to get it. I'll post all about it once I get it and get it going.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I will say so far Tom has been great. He got my order processed and sent out quickly. He is really good at responding back to emails too and not leaving you hanging.

·
Registered
285 Posts

Tom
I don't have a tune yet, nor am I trying to swap people one way or another, but this is a tactic usually used by people who truly believe in their product and stand behind it. When I'm down for a tune I'll be coming your way!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got Tom's tune with the K&N typhoon and a five speed. I'm happy with the money spent on it. I've had the tune for I think about six months.

The first tune after the base tune was good, I felt much more power in the high rpms. Since I'm not near redline that much, we did another tune and I felt improvement throughout the rpm range. Tom also fixed this weird hesitation I was having at low rpms.

Since you're dealing with a relatively small amount of horsepower it's a subtle change, but it made a bigger difference to me than when I added the CAI. A while back I switched back to my stock tune to bring it in for a warranty repair and I missed my tune.

Tom knows his stuff, gives you personal service and tunes for life.

I trust him enough that I offered him my Focus to use to build a turbo kit for the MK3.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
OK, this thread made it ONE page before going off topic - and for the benefit of the OP it's going back to the last on topic post ONLY.

Sorry Waynec92, once a thread starts going off track it can get ugly - as the original purpose is forgotten.

People, as the OP asked - post up if you have the tune, bought the tune, sell the tune, etc.. NOT if you have questions, comments, opinions about answers.

We've got PLENTY of other threads to fit other comments, if you don't find one you like PLEASE start your own.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, this thread made it ONE page before going off topic - and for the benefit of the OP it's going back to the last on topic post ONLY.

Sorry Waynec92, once a thread starts going off track it can get ugly - as the original purpose is forgotten.

People, as the OP asked - post up if you have the tune, bought the tune, sell the tune, etc.. NOT if you have questions, comments, opinions about answers.

We've got PLENTY of other threads to fit other comments, if you don't find one you like PLEASE start your own.
THANKS! I was just gunna abandon ship and find out for myself. LOL

·
Registered
505 Posts
i had toms tune on my old focus and loved it. still in the process of getting the device unlocked so i can tune my new focus.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i had toms tune on my old focus and loved it. still in the process of getting the device unlocked so i can tune my new focus.
Yeah, I'm excited to get this thing underway. For some reason these cars just make me nervous as hell. I used to only play with Civics and they're simple, and cheap, and are usable when broken lol. These are complex, and expensive, and fragile.

·
Registered
505 Posts
yeah. just dont rush anything and let the device work.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
I've had Tom's tune probably a year now.

I fall in love with it every day as I rip through gears. I can't wait to have time to get the thermostat in the car, and a fresh tune from Tom to take advantage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got Tom's tune with the K&N typhoon and a five speed. I'm happy with the money spent on it. I've had the tune for I think about six months.

The first tune after the base tune was good, I felt much more power in the high rpms. Since I'm not near redline that much, we did another tune and I felt improvement throughout the rpm range. Tom also fixed this weird hesitation I was having at low rpms.

Since you're dealing with a relatively small amount of horsepower it's a subtle change, but it made a bigger difference to me than when I added the CAI. A while back I switched back to my stock tune to bring it in for a warranty repair and I missed my tune.

Tom knows his stuff, gives you personal service and tunes for life.

I trust him enough that I offered him my Focus to use to build a turbo kit for the MK3.
a turbo kit? how did it go?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I will tell you, I wasn't impressed with the tune. Prior to the tune I made 155 whp and 132 wtq. Post I made 158 and 140 wtq. Negligable differences. Also the fact that his custom tuning didn't allow me to make changes that me, the paying customer wanted simply because he didn't want to. Lastly, my TCM fried. I can't say what caused it to fry because first the dealership said it was a faulty wire, then they said it was the ABS. BUT, Tom's trans tune was uploaded when it fried.

·
FF Affiliate
31,175 Posts
No sorry , wont make changes that I feel could be damaging or is a silly waste of my time even if the customer asks

There has been hundreds of TCM fried with NO tune loaded

Your dynos were not done properly or where they done on the same day anything can change over time and you were not willing to do proper dynos or datalogs when asked

Now your upset because of all the bad mouthing you did assuming my tune caused your TCM failure before you had it checked at Ford where they found wiring issues and I will no longer do any tuning for you

This isnt for a debate , your said what you had to say and I said mine , lets let it go at that

Tom

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I wasn't talking to you, Tom so stop. I'm talking to the OP

1 - 20 of 26 Posts