Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
I run a single 10" in a subthump enclosure made for the ZX3/ZX5

I enjoy sound quality(SQ) as opposed to thump(SPL). It depends on your taste in music.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
I just saw that you're from Mesa. I grew up in Mesa.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a single 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2-12 wired in series to my Kenwood KAC-9105D amplifier. That means the amp is providing 500watts @ 4ohms to the subwoofer which can handle 600watts at 4ohms.

I'm using a ported Sound Ordinance single 12" box from crutchfield with 1.60 cubic feet internal volume.

The head unit is a Kenwood KDC-X996 and I have Polk Audio DXi571 speakers in all four doors. It sounds really nice in my 2006 Ford Focus ZXW. There is a little rattle of the rear hatch when it is turned up really loud, but that could just be my license plate.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
I like it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm planning on two tens in a ported box. I was thinking about getting two twelves, but it would take up too much room in the back.
I'd be lying if I didn't say I too have considered two 10s. [headbang] . A bit more than I personally need tho. Great option, nonetheless.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I run a 15 inch Kicker Comp VR with a 2250watt Boss, and a 350w Preamp 6.7 inch touch. Hits so hard the car slows down when im driving. lol

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
You tell me boss. I don't know much about stereos.

·
Registered
439 Posts
You tell me boss. I don't know much about stereos.
I imagine it would be. Really just a general question, wondering what others think.

Granted I got an upgraded battery, my fofo doesn't dim lights with the figures I'm running. Must be a hell of an experience tho! [headbang]

·
Registered
35 Posts
A car should never slow down due to a stereo. There are bigger problems at hand.

I have ran a single 8", two 10", two 12" and currently a single 10". It all depends on what you want out of your stereo. Sorry to those who thing larger subs give a bigger "boom" but it actually depends a lot on the quality of subwoofer and the enclosure that it is in. My current 10" sub plays lower and louder than quite a few 15" subs that I have heard. What kind of music do you listen to? What is your budget? What parts of a "system" do you already have? for example head unit, amp, sub, or box. I used to professionally install and have been able to help many people pair the correct woofer/amp setups for them to be happy with how it sounds.

·
Registered
439 Posts
A car should never slow down due to a stereo. There are bigger problems at hand.
Yep. I was thinking inefficient amp, dramatically low voltage from battery, and maybe even CCA Wiring. Hopefully, for his sake, its equipment stuff and not the car. No bueno x 2.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
12 in JL audio shallow sub in a thunderform box for ZX3/ZX5 by MTX with a 1000watt leagacy amp.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm just gonna say it's focci. This car has gave me nothing but trouble. The amp and sub were professionally installed to my touch that was custom fitted. It's all straightforward but I'm thinking the battery is my culprit. I listen to teenager stuff. Deep skrillex dubstep. Don't get me wrong, it out powers everything else here, but the 2250 should have broken a window on how hard I've worked it.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts