Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making about 250whp and 245wtq and i spin all through first and 2nd gear. i have 215/45/17 falken fk452s, stock st shocks/struts, frpp kw springs, stock motor mounts..

i want to get impressions from all of you other guys making tons of power on how your traction is in first and second gear and if you have problems, and what you did, if anything, to fix them. just want experiences, not ways for me to fix my traction woes. only how your car does and what you did for added traction and if it helped. Thanks!

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
There isnt a lot you can do. You can get a wider set of tires, like 225/40/17's.

From what I hear the Dunlop Sport Z1 Star Spec are just as sticky as R compound tires.

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
I can get 2.3 60' on my 18" RS rims. Pirelli PZero Nero tires. Pretty sticky for a street tire. Also have a VF rear motor mount. I don't floor it in 1st otherwise tires will spin. I only go about 75% max on the throttle. Seems to do well.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
insane i dont want advice about mine..

im planning on is 225/45/17 dunlop z1 star spec tires, vf race rear motor mount, koni shocks/struts.

i want to know personal experiences.. when i was makin about 215whp/wtq i got a 2.146 60' on 215/40 neogens and didnt spin in 2nd. now with 250whp and 245wtq and 215/45 fk452s i got a 2.59 and i spin so much easier now

syz does your car spin in 2nd? did you have problems with spinning and then you did mods that helped some?

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Sorry didnt read it all the way through.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Do you have a limited slip? That will help you a lot, far more than a change of tires.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Do you have a limited slip? That will help you a lot, far more than a change of tires.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i have a torsen t2.. did it at the same time as a new clutch/flywheel, boost controller, spark plugs, and tires.. im making 17 more whp now and 6 more wtq (taller tires) and now the car spins easier.. weird :/ handles much better tho with the torsen..

but like i said, personal experiences please.. not advice for mine to do better..

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i am sorry i know this isnt relevant but why do you want to hear other peoples experiences and not want suggestions to remedy your traction issue? isnt the whole point of hearing other experiences so that you can see how they fixed it and do the same?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kind of.. i know what everyone is going to say to do to my car for the most part..

what i want is personal experiences so money is well spent.. i want to know experiences so people can say that "motor mounts helped a ton with traction and wheel hop" or "stiff shocks got rid of wheel hop" or "xxx tire was so much stickier than xxx tire" or "doing x degrees of camber is perfect for straight line and turns" or "going from xxx size tire to xxx size helped traction a ton". or the other, if someone did something and it didnt help. i want to know..

if someone was spinning through 2nd when flooring it, and now with wider tires they dont i want to know. or if getting traction bars helped a ton with traction and wheel hop i want to know..

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im not tryin to be a dick i just want people to answer my question.. i guess its my fault. i shouldnt have told anyone anything about my ride and i should have posted it like this..

"people making over 200whp/wtq, if you floor it, how much and in what gears do you spin? do you get wheelhop? if you used to spin and get wheelhop what did you do to lessen it and did it help?"

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
I'll get wheelhop if I launch a little too hard. Feathering works well to alleviate that issue.

My motor is the 2.0 and the turbo is a GT28RS so it spools a little higher. Thus, I don't have the traction issues that a 2.3 motor will have with the quicker-spooling regular GT28 turbo, especially with only 222whp and 214 trq.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do you have a dyno syz? i kinda wanna see your hp/tq curve

but yeah your probably right.. when i was making simlar power i had better traction.. got a 2.146 with an open diff on street tires

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i wasnt trying to imply you were being a dick i just didn't really understand what you were after but i do now..... if its any help when i upgraded from stock shocks to the eibach pro-damper i felt like i had better straight line traction. But i dont have near 200wtq so :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts