1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
First I've seen so I'd say no.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Is it paint or is it decals. Just fyi for future reference they're pinstripes.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That is not an option when configuring a new Focus, so it appears to be a custom decal by the dealer. If it's not your thing, I'd immediately request it to be removed and to make sure the area is polished.

·
Registered
459 Posts
This is a common thing for some dealers in the states to do.

I personally hate pinstripes but whatever you like, it's your car!

Question, did you order your car or buy it off the lot?

·
Registered
163 Posts
First I have ever seen on a (2012) Focus, too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought off the lot. The stripes were not on the sticker list of installed options. I am okay with them. Color choices were good. I still don't understand why a fully option Tiitanium was at a dealer and survived all day. I had been to three dealers that day and no Tiitanium in stock. I found doing an inventory search. I was not going to let pen stripes kill the deal.

·
Registered
366 Posts
This is an Old School dealer. They used to pinstripe everything. But usually
you saw a charge for it buried in the additional dealer sticker.

I think they look nice, but then again, I'm very Old School.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My Titanium Hatch came with tape pin stripes, but they are just over the two fender bulges, not across the doors. I would post some pics, but its raining outside today. Maybe tomorrow.

I think I'll keep them, at least for a while. They add a little character to the car and as everyone said, they are not common.

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
they look the stripes on my 05 ST which are painted on, found that out when the left front fender got backed in to and the body shop had to have somebody come in and repaint them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts