Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some new pedals that just go over my stock ones. But........ I ran into a problem with my gas pedal. Its not like the clutch and brake. Its curved and all plastic. I was wondering if anybody maybe new how to put it on anyways or a place that might carry a pedal the shape as my original pedal. Im open to all suggestions. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I didnt bother using the gas pedal, i only really wanted the clutch and brake cause the stock pedals are kinda small.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
matthewstetz said:
imo... find a nice set of the svt pedals,, they have good grip, and they are really nice looking
See i disagree. I find the SVT pedals to be slightly un-comfortable, mainly the clutch pedal, it was to small and my foot would get sore in traffic very fast. I also find them to be incredibly slippery when even slightly wet, more than a i few times my left foot would slip off the clutch.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
It's 'common knowledge' that the focus gas pedal will NOT fit any aftermarket covers unless they are designed specifically for the focus.

As mentioned, get a set of SVT pedals and a ton of Tylenol as it's a biotch to get them stock ones removed. The bolts are in the WORST places where it's next to impossible to get a wrench, etc.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
SVT_BMXer said:
See i disagree. I find the SVT pedals to be slightly un-comfortable, mainly the clutch pedal, it was to small and my foot would get sore in traffic very fast. I also find them to be incredibly slippery when even slightly wet, more than a i few times my left foot would slip off the clutch.
have you tried a regular focus's pedals? i drive an atx(unfortunately) but its still a LOT aorse than an svt... once you get used to the svt pedals, your fine with them...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Chock another one up for "SVT pedals are slippery." The clutch is the worst. On an ATX you'll have a big ass brake and then gas which lines itself up with your foot, so slip isn't as big of a deal. But the SVT pedals ARE slippery, i'd avoid them at all costs, I'm trying to get something to replace mine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have aftermarket pedals. I think they r Pilot Motorsports. The gas pedal was the hardest to install. My pedals came with double sided sticky pad for all 3. Then u screwed in metal peices that u then bend over the pedal. Ohh ya on the gas pedal u only put the bottom ones on. The aftermarket pedal is too long. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that does help. i found a way to put them on by cutting notches into the gas. It went on nice but my feet are big so it would press the gas at the same time while using the brake. So now i just drive with no pedal cover on it. Until i find somthing better of course.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I have the steeda pedals...

also offered on ebay... for $15. The driver-side pedal is difficult to install, but I did it... Been good for like well over a year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts