Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I (like most of you) had a dying clutch master bleed all over my clutch pedal and now the pad is shot, and coming off, and the rubber is dead :/
Well, Ill be honest, Im a cheap ass and didnt want to pay CFM a hundred and something dollars for their pads, and most of the pads on ebay and at pep boys liked like they belong on a civic.

So I tried looking at pedal pads for the RS, and they look exactly like what we have(minus the gas pedal)

they looked great and I bought they for a whopping 9.99 and then 10 for shipping, so Im doing great, Im ahead a hundred dollars.

BUT they dont quite fit...

So Im looking for a way to make these work, There are metal tangs that are apart of the metal piece of the new pedals, I, thinking of removing that would keep it from sitting flat

Im open to ideas

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I bought a set of those too! I gave up and bought a set of SVT covers. It appears to me that you would have to cut(grind)the pedals themselves down to fit the RS pedal covers. It seems to me it isn't worth doing that, because when you need new pedal covers, your pedals will be too small for (say) SVT covers. Of course, if you want to buy mine now, you will have a spare set!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im thinking of cutting off the rubber on the back, and using the tangs to keep it in place

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I wouldn't screw with them simply from the lack of safety aspect. A little tang top and bottom isn't going to hold much and I'd never trust it.

I pulled the covers off mine and applied some grip tape, like the skateboard stuff. Absolutely love it. My foot never slips.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about that too, but Im a stickler for things looking original

1 - 5 of 5 Posts