Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owna 04 svt focus and as of this morning the acclerator pedal has had a funny feeling to it. It seems ot get almost sticky and stuck at points and I have to push down real hard to even get it to budge. Sometimes its normal but sometimes it becomes really hard to push, but oncei push it it feels like i became unstuck. Whats going on here???

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds about right, i decribe it as almost a sticky feeling so if this is the case how would i go about an easy fix? I have a CFM 67 mm throttle body

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had the sticky gas pedal issue about a month back.. it was really bad in the mornings when it was cold, id have to use excessive force on the pedal and then lurch forward. It would stop after i got her warmed up. Just clean your throttle body out real good, theres a how to on here, look it up with the search. Carburetor cleaner did the trick for me.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had the sticky gas pedal issue about a month back.. it was really bad in the mornings when it was cold, id have to use excessive force on the pedal and then lurch forward. It would stop after i got her warmed up. Just clean your throttle body out real good, theres a how to on here, look it up with the search. Carburetor cleaner did the trick for me.
Hmm isnt there some coating on the manifold that carb cleaner removes? or did you just spray a rag and use that to clean it.

·
Banned
172 Posts
it happened to me going down the interstate about 3 days ago. it was snowing so im guessing it jus got really cold and froze up.. but hasn't happened since

·
Captain TMI
21,227 Posts
Hmm isnt there some coating on the manifold that carb cleaner removes? or did you just spray a rag and use that to clean it.
Yes there is a coating on the throttle plate. I used alcohol and a rag. You will have to open the plate manually and hold it open- or remove the TB to clean it. This will not be easy. I had to rub very very hard to remove the black deposits. I had to literally dig at it with my fingers. I'm at 80k miles, and this is the first time I've had the sticky TB issue in the winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts