Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been pretty frustrated trying to find, w/o success, some aluminum pedal covers for the Focus. I read in one post, someone stated the Mustang should should fit because part numbers were the same. I looked up the numbers on fordparts, and the call letters are the same,but they don't list actual part numbers for the accelerator or brake pedal assembly.

I decided to take a chance knowing I could make some minor modifications if necessary and ordered some Laguna Seca style covers that made for the 11-12 Mustang. My stomach sank when they arrived, as neither pedal cover was even close.

The accelerator pedal cover was a lot bigger and made to stick with 3M adhesive. There was far more adhesive than stock pedal, so I didn't trust that to be a permanent hold. I decided to drill a hole in the middle through the cover and pedal and inserted a machined screw and nut.

The stock brake pedal was far larger than the new pedal cover which slips on with a rubber surround just like the stock brake pedal pad. This required me to cut down the pedal length-wise and width-wise. I used a hacksaw and about an hour of my time to get it down in size, and it was not easy. If I had more appropriate tools, it probably would have been easier. Here are the results:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Looks good, lots of work, but paid off in the end....

I think i may wait for some covers meant for the focus being i have a manual...i don't want the pedals to be too close to each other

1 - 2 of 2 Posts