Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a pic of the pcv fitting that is under the air intake area. Have a code for a possible pcv issue would like to know what Iam looking for. 2006 focus 2.0

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So after looking at the posts and pics on taking off the intake set up I want to go that route to do thermostat and pcv hose. Is there a gasket that I could mess up? What Iam a looking for? Do I just loosen the bolts and pull it off, and put back on after I change the thermostat and pvc hose?

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
There are O-ring like gaskets on each intake runner for the seals, you can plan on replacing them for security or take a chance & inspect them to see if they're sacked out when the manifold is off.

Replacement is the safe alternative.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
You can see pretty well by those other threads, awkward access & sticky bolts are the PITA's. You can always do it bit by bit, not pulling it completely until you get all the bolts freed up first.

That way you can snug it back down if you decide to let one sit with some penetrant for a week & try again.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
That's always the objective, but giving yourself an "out" can prevent being stuck with it apart & not having an easy way to get it together again right away.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah looking at it I don't think I want to try and tackle it. Probably just change the thermostat for now and have someone else do the pcv hose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts