Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have difficulty removing the PCV valve it is stuck badly and I don't want to spend time on removing intake manifold. I have replaced the hose easily with a long plier and I even have a new valve but I can't remove the old one it only twists quarter of a round.

My question is, is it safe for the engine adding brake or throttle cleaner directly on the valve with a help of a tiny hose that can attach the cleaner can?

I believe the residue will reenter the combustion chamber and gets quickly burned and in this way it gets clean.

Registered
Hi,

I have difficulty removing the PCV valve it is stuck badly and I don't want to spend time on removing intake manifold. I have replaced the hose easily with a long plier and I even have a new valve but I can't remove the old one it only twists quarter of a round.

My question is, is it safe for the engine adding brake or throttle cleaner directly on the valve with a help of a tiny hose that can attach the cleaner can?

I believe the residue will reenter the combustion chamber and gets quickly burned and in this way it gets clean.
Simon,
A bit of brake cleaner, etc, will not hurt anything in the engine.

Good luck
Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts