Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i was changing my air filter which I must admit was overdue. While i was doing this i noticed the small foam square in the corner below the air filter. It is soaked with what I think is oil. Also this oil is on the air filter too. Is this a sign that my pcv valve is overdue to be replaced? I have had the car for 3 years and it has not been changed. I am about to change the head gasket due to it leaking oil. Should I replace this also? Thanks a lot.

Jay

·
Registered
124 Posts
I changed it on mine cause figured if it was there, it was there for a reason. I could only find that replacement part at FORD and it was like 5-6$

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yeah, every parts store I've been to doesn't have any listing for the filter. Its generally called crank case vent filter or some such. It doesn't connect to the PCV valve at all, but its part of the whole overall PCV based system. I'm sure some creativity would find another car's filter that would cross match into our air box. But on the flip side, if you haven't changed your PCV valve any time recently, you might wanna go ahead and do that as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts