Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was informed by dealership my issue with the lugging and bogging down feeling I get under tip in between between 2-3k rpms could possibly b my throttle body being dirty. On a dry day I pulled my throttle body to clean and this was my view into the intake. My PCV was pretty oily on the inside of connection but my oil has roughly 1000 miles since change is right at full line. Now according to dealership the PCV is a serviceable part and isn't covered under both my manufacturers warranty and service warranty. Let's say it is a PCV, should this really go bad on a car with 45k miles chassis and only 19k on motor? Also I was told since a PCV is technically part of emissions it should fall under some law that they have to fix them free of charge for 125k miles, anyone have an idea if this true?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,560 Posts
'Only' 19K on motor but more on chassis says not original motor, warranty likely doesn't cover that unless Ford changed it.

Lugging and bogging down will most likely not be hitting emissions at that time but proving that will be problematic.

There can be oil and moisture inside an intake but if that is right under the TB, well, that's far more than I'm used to seeing and not normal in my view. The TB area is a very air active point and should keep that pretty much swept away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts