Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im deleting the pcv system for my turbo build n stuck on the pcv hardline...its being a real mc******* to remove. Got the elbow and softline to manifold off but is there a bracket or tie that its connected to? I tried lookin at pics from when i rebuilt the motor but no good angles. Dont really feel like draining the water n removin the tstat housing if i dont have to so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it's like my 2001 Focus there is a bolt holding a metal bracket and the metal tube to the engine. It's a Torx #30. It's a real pain to remove the thermostat housing just for that. In my case replacing the housing was necessary anyway. Maybe you can remove it without the hassle, unsure.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I struggled trying to get to it from the top for a while, then I looked underneath and saw how much easier it is to get to. Definitely remove it from underneath.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea had the same issue...i just cut the line around the coil. I had a midwest car n thing wasnt movin. I never planned on using it ever again so unless ur saving bits to keep it stock just slice it, u can always refab it back to stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts