Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year everyone.

I'm looking for a fix for the molded PCV elbow that fits to the PCV valve. I ruined the one that was on there when trying to replace the valve, and now I'm the guy who has cut a piece of hose, bent it, and secured with hose clamps.

Needless to say, it's kinked and causing horrendous smell in the cabin as well as oily back up coming out the vent at the top of the valve cover (and then into my air intake).

Dealer laughed at me. Considered a junk yard and trying to pull the while tube off around the motor. Also shopped at local stores looking for suitable replacement. No luck.

Any fixes out there?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Why did the dealer laugh at you? I bought one just a few months ago from my local dealership parts counter. They had to order it in, but it was there next day.

You could try to get one from the Ford online store if your local dealer doesn't want to do business with you. $8.50 + shipping from Fordparts.com

Other than that you would have to take your old one to an auto parts store and see if they can find something similar. Even something that you might have to cut a bit off. A preformed 90* is all you need. A piece of braided hose can work as well... bit more expensive though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I was able to get the part numbers and went with the 90 degree elbow plus the attached tube. Hoping this resolves my stink interior!

Best,
Beezersh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts