Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheers,

I am new to the forum, I have a Ford focus 2013 SE 2.0 Duratec. I did PCV Delete process, following the instructions in the following guide: PCV delete/catch can install info?

After cleaning the valves and installing the oil Catch can, my car gives me the error: P0100 - Mass Or Volumen Air Flow Circuit

I have this Oil Catch Can model installed: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61z1iFmvSNS._AC_SL1200_.jpg

3 ports. 2 In/ 1 Out.

Input ports:

1 – PCV Hose to OCC

1 – Valve cover hose to OCC

out port:

1 – 5/8 OCC hose to the ground.

Actions looking for the solution:

1. Remove intake manifold and clean intake port area in cylinder head with a microfiber cloth. (achieve a mirror-like finish)

2. Wash intake manifold gaskets with soap to remove all dirt and inspect for cracks or stiffness.

3. Check the plug you attach to the intake manifold for vacuum leaks, check the plug on the intake pipe for leaks

4. Changed my air box complete with MAF sensor from a friend's Ford focus.

After all these steps, still getting DTC: P0100

Please help

·
Registered
267 Posts
Cheers,

I am new to the forum, I have a Ford focus 2013 SE 2.0 Duratec. I did PCV Delete process, following the instructions in the following guide: PCV delete/catch can install info?

After cleaning the valves and installing the oil Catch can, my car gives me the error: P0100 - Mass Or Volumen Air Flow Circuit

I have this Oil Catch Can model installed: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61z1iFmvSNS._AC_SL1200_.jpg

3 ports. 2 In/ 1 Out.

Input ports:

1 – PCV Hose to OCC

1 – Valve cover hose to OCC

out port:

1 – 5/8 OCC hose to the ground.

Actions looking for the solution:

1. Remove intake manifold and clean intake port area in cylinder head with a microfiber cloth. (achieve a mirror-like finish)

2. Wash intake manifold gaskets with soap to remove all dirt and inspect for cracks or stiffness.

3. Check the plug you attach to the intake manifold for vacuum leaks, check the plug on the intake pipe for leaks

4. Changed my air box complete with MAF sensor from a friend's Ford focus.

After all these steps, still getting DTC: P0100

Please help
Is the maf connector connected tightly and locked?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
You said as part of your steps that you "Changed my air box complete with MAF sensor from a friend's Ford focus." What does that mean. Does that mean that you replaced the MAF? If so, where is yours, have you tried swapping it back in?

Cleaned how? Modern maf sensors are incredibly sensitive. I wouldn't dare touch one with anything if it wasn't already bugging out. To properly diagnose it you'd probably need a wiring diagram and access to live data from the PCM. Or, you could try to grab one cheap from a local junkyard and play the swaptronics game, I'm not sure what they go for retail.

Personally, even though I don't think catch cans are necessary on an unmodified engine, if it was installed correctly then it's probably just incidental that the sensor/wiring is failing.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) Correcto, cambié mi caja de aire por la de mi amigo por unos días y mi auto volvió a lanzar el código p0100. Nota: Mi amigo usó su auto y no tengo ningún tipo de error, parece que mi sensor funciona bien.

2) Colocando el sensor en posición vertical y con este spray: CRC® Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner, 11 Wt Oz.

3) Instale la lata colectora de aceite para mantener limpias las válvulas y mejorar el octanaje del combustible.

¿Hay un diagrama de cableado para el sensor MAF en el foro?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts