Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm starting the year off by swapping my black/Drk gray interior out of my old ZX3

into my Ugly Duckl'n project.

While I'm doing this should I swap the manual PCM into the Ugly Duckl'n? I've already made all the necessary changes to the engine bay main harness. What would be the pro's and con's of swapping the PCM? Anyone?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
If they're both Zetec cars, I don't see any benefit from it. Cool you have a mach audio edition.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they're both Zetec cars, I don't see any benefit from it. Cool you have a mach audio edition.
They are both zetec cars. Manual car is a 2000 and the automatic car is a 2001. I have both keys for the manual and only one key for the automatic. That's the only thing I can see would be beneficial. When it comes to tuning the car later on its not gonna make any difference?

Yeah those seats in my old zx3 are an extra set of mach front seats.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
I'd keep those mach seats, you can have another key made & tuning either is no issue. Its up to you whether you want to swap out the ecm's. I'd rather be doing something else towards get your car going.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One has a small whole in it. My 4yr old and a drill bit was not a good combination. ?

Thought about putting them up for sale but figured no one would want them

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The upholstery shop here said he couldn't get that fabric anymore. Do they still make it?

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Swapping it over with the two keys & cylinder for the MTX swap might be worth it.

If you don't want to swap cylinders you can swap chips between keys, just need another dup. cut for the car that was orig. ATX and only has one.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Swapping it over with the two keys & cylinder for the MTX swap might be worth it.

If you don't want to swap cylinders you can swap chips between keys, just need another dup. cut for the car that was orig. ATX and only has one.
Your saying having both keys to the PCM is beneficial in the long run? I don't mind swapping the lock cylinders. It's not to complicated is it? Never had to swap one on a foci.

And if I have both keys then I can program more keys if I need/want to right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts