Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone no what pin on the pmc controls the 2 and 3 cylinder fire at the coil pack? Car sat for awhile and I think a mouse might have set up home.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
See the link inside quote below for wire diagram.

...HERE is the wire diagram.
Go to page 303-07A-00

PCM Pin# <--to--> Coil Pack Pin#
59 <---------------> 3
58 <---------------> 1

PCM connector view of pin numbers:

Wire damage at Coil Pack is somewhat common.
Cracked Coil Pack is somewhat common.

Mickey Mouse and his friends will sometimes nap and eat inside the car. Nuts, Leaves and Wires are a good taste mix.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks-pins 26 and 52 send signal to the coil pack.Checked continuity and it was good.Changed PCM and now have spark at 2 and 3,unfortunately the new PCM came out of an automatic and need one for a manual transmission.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Whoops, sorry about that, yes, correct pin#'s are on page 303-07E-00. Pins #'s I had posted earlier were for a different version of ZETEC. Strange that Ford did that pin-out difference.

Super super rare that a PCM fails. Maybe you should also buy a lottery ticket tonight? Maybe try that old PCM one more time? Maybe you had a poor/intermittent connection at Coil or at PCM?

Good luck on your PCM hunt. Remember to get 2 or 3 PATS keys with -or newly programmed during the PCM replacement process.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the PCM rarely go bad but this one did.I have flipped quite a few with valve seat damage, and have a half dozen PCMs, but I FAILED TO mark them as auto or manual transmission.I do not know if Ford marks the PCMs somehow to know which I have.Do not want to keep changing till I hit one.Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I do not know if Ford marks the PCMs somehow to know which I have.
PCM's are marked with data plates (right?) part numbers (right?) tune/firmware/software stickers (right?)... but... car/engine/trans compatibility info is "out there" somewhere. There are a few guys here that can probably help figure it out, just not me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PCM's are marked with data plates (right?) part numbers (right?) tune/firmware/software stickers (right?)... but... car/engine/trans compatibility info is "out there" somewhere. There are a few guys here that can probably help figure it out, just not me.
Roger that-thanks for the info.

·
Registered
17,165 Posts
Find a parts store that will sell 'rebuilt' PCMs, they will have a list of the part numbers and apps for them. The part number is on the PCM label.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts