Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a blank for my 2000 focus that was never programmed and am wanting to give it to a friends daughter for her focus. I need to know the programming instructions for the keys please. As far as I know she has two originals, but I paid $18 for this one and am not going to let it goto waste.

Thanks for responding to all those who do.

First, let me tell you what I do know as I have only done this once.

Insert key 1 into ignition, turn on for gauges to light up, wait for security light to stop blinking, then repeat this process with key 2 but within 4 seconds of turning off key 1. once light stops blinking again, then insert new unprogrammed key into ignition and wait for security light to turn off, then new key is programmed.

Am I right?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys/gals/whichever. I got to goto the races here today but FORGOT THE KEY and the INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!

Maybe I can mail it to him/her/them.....

·
Registered
303 Posts
you gotta turn the car on the first time. then turn it off and put it in run and then start all the rest that you have listed. It might work the other way nut if it doesnt you gotta turn the car on. Thats how we program them at work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok, this is driving me nuts!!!

Here's my sad story. Had 2001 really nice red loaded wagon with manual trans, tinted windows etc... I know all about the 2-key issues from that car, went through it twice having kiteboarded with one tucked into my harness (oops... they don't float!). Luckily I had the foresight to get keys off eBay and prog them myself before losing.

About 6 weeks ago, some guy named Randall rear ended me on a 2 lane hwy as I came to a stop for someone turning left up ahead. Had our windsurf/kiteboarding gear trailer in tow (hand built and painted to match the car... was really sharp) the whole thing got crushed and rammed into the back of the car. Good part was that trailer took most of the initial impact and likely saved our two girls in the back seat from injury or worse... Car was a total loss, trailer frame too, am currently rebuilding the trailer box.

Thanks Randall... you useless son of a .......

Anyway... am now in a blue '03 wag with manual trans after giving up trying to find another red one. Got two keys with the car, no problem. I got a plain metal ford key cut at a hardware store for $2. It opens all the doors perfectly and also starts the car if I hold one of my original keys next to it. So the key itself is fine. I still had the two orginal Ford keys from my wrecked Focus so I pulled out the chips, and have been trying to program the new key with one of these chips taped to it. (Will make a mould and pour an epoxy 'handle' and chip housing once I know it works.

I have followed instructions I found on the web, but after I'm done the new key will sometimes work once, but the security light will continue blinking after the engine is running. After I switch the engine off it wont start it again. Anyone know what I am doing wrong, or have a decent set of instructions. They are not in the manual and have misplaced the ones I got from the eBay keys. Have looked here but not found a decent complete set of instructions. Am losing patience fast!

help meeee...

thx!

P.S. feeling a little sad about settling for a blue focus as my wife just signed on the dotted line for a sharp little RED Mini today...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts