Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the odds of passing emissions with a race header? i know a miata with turbo and has 3in tubingfrom the header back no cat and he passed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I dunno what the chances are...but just go, get it done, if you pass cool...if not, put the cat on and drive back there...and than you will pass...at least that how a buddy did it in pittsburgh...

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i'll get a shorty header and an offroad pipe and just switch o nthe stock cat when i go to emissions. How does a shorty header and off road pipe rank up against a race header?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think thats what i'll do. But then i have to think do i want to listen to that all the time and should i just ge t a highflow?

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
well you get used to the noise, jisturm that doesnt work like you think it would, if i were you and i was planningon doing swaps, id just get a raec header,and switch back to the stock when its time, and if you aer getting a cat id spend the dough and get the RT cat, iv got a used one and its in dang good working condition, whileiv heard of new FC cats beginning torust and have other problems

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what the benefit to an RT Cat? where to i buy them? and no way in hell i'll switch headers thats a pain in the ass

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[^]

·
Registered
281 Posts
Random Tech specilizes in their high flow cats. When they say hi flow they mean high flow. When I was talking to Ray he was telling me that the RT cat flow much better than the FC because the FC cat is just a carsound OEM style cat welded into some pipes. The car sound cats flow about as much as OEM. Probably more but not as much as a RT cat I'd like to think. Being that it's only $50 more than the FC I'd go with the RT.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok u convinced me where do i get a RT cat. also whats the best shorty header?

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Ford Racing or one of the late model JBA, both are stainless, which i highly reccomend, and the FR is purdy

·
Registered
816 Posts
I hear all these people talk about emissions testing and all I can think of is, bummer for you!!! Thank God we don't have any here.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya i'm gunna get that and a JBA shorty. Thanks guys

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
name, i think JBAs pretty much worked all the bugs out of their headers, the first gens were known to crack, i just got the FR cus it was a damn good header and i got it hella cheap, the FR has a nice "Jet hot" coat on it, makes st ay pretty shiny most of the time

1 - 17 of 17 Posts