Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pulled over Tuesday night and told I have a tail light out. I saw it working last Sunday at a meet, so it couldn't have been out for long. I thanked the officer and picked up a pack of bulbs Wednesday.

Finally got around to changing the bulb today. Pop the bulb in... and nothing.
Switch bulbs with the other side... still nothing.

Brake lights still work, turn signals still work. Its just the tail light / running light.

I don't know where to begin. I didn't find anything in the fuse diagram that suggests the tail lights are on seperate fuses.
I assume if it were the ground that the turn signals and brake lights would be out as well, seeing as they share a ground wire.

I tried searching but the search function kicked out the words "one" and "out" so I just got all results for "tail light".

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
XD it wasn't unnecessary, consider this thread open for others who are having your problem :)

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually ran into a five other problems since then. It's not a pretty site...

From the tail light being out it went to the passenger side marker lights.

So I found the fuse. I changed the fuse, it blew again.

Disconnected the side marker light and halo connectors, dried them out.

Replaced the fuse again, this time it worked.

Then I noticed the halos in the headlights weren't on.

Now I'm investigating that problem...

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
just hardwire the dang halos to a toggle switch inside the car. i kept running into the problem of blowing fuses with my halos until i hardwired them into a toggle switch that i mounted in my center console right in from of the shifter. never blew another fuse

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the first time I've had this problem, and its fixed now.

I think I had water in a connector. Or it could have been the transformer going out that wiped out the fuse. Not sure.

I still have to change out the transformer in the right headlight though. I'll be tackling that issue on Thanksgiving day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts