Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently bought a used 2002 Focus SE and the passenger side mirror had been clipped off by another car.

It seems to have broken the cable. So when I get my replacement mirror, what am I gonna have to do to install it with the torn wires?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
There is a connector inside the door panel, little white guy with 2 green wires IIRC. Hopefully you can just replace it from there. The mirror itself is a breeze, just 2 or 3 screws after you remove the inside trim, which just pulls off.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I seem to have a problem *clipping* other things with my mirrors while driving, I wish our mirrors folded in.. but iam quite happy that both of them are secured very very well..

on my 02 mach the mirror was only held in with one screw, and the trim piece just pops off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a connector inside the door panel, little white guy with 2 green wires IIRC. Hopefully you can just replace it from there. The mirror itself is a breeze, just 2 or 3 screws after you remove the inside trim, which just pulls off.
Oh ok thanks. Will go take a look now. It looks like it ripped the wires right from the mirror. So I am sure that little connector is still there. Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts