Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these cars are low to the ground, and there isn't a ton of clearance, but my 04 has under 40K on it and if I hit any uneven surface in the road, it sounds like I don't have any shocks on the car. It's seems like I notice it mostly on the front passenger side and seems to be worse (easily bottomed out, so to speak) in the morning when it's cold and I first start driving the car.

Is this a common thing, or bad struts?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I just had this happen this morning on the ride in to work. Not cold or anything, but noticed a bang coming from the passenger side front suspension. After work my brother and I traced it to a sway bar end link, I guess these go bad often. Im ordering a MOOG sway bar kit, I hear theyre nice and beefy. Just a thought...

·
Registered
752 Posts
yea i get that noice too but both ends of front not same time but you know

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just had this happen this morning on the ride in to work. Not cold or anything, but noticed a bang coming from the passenger side front suspension. After work my brother and I traced it to a sway bar end link, I guess these go bad often. Im ordering a MOOG sway bar kit, I hear theyre nice and beefy. Just a thought...
Dealer couldn't find anything wrong. Said the bang was from the bolt on the polyurethane aftermarket tranny mount was hitting the rack and pinion. They removed the bolt and cut it down. Prolly should post this as a lot of people are using the dog bone mount.

Is there a way to physically "see" if the sway bar end links are bad?

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's the suspension hitting the body due to the weak factory springs that are put on the car. The suspension travel is much greater due to that and it hits the body turn your wheels to the left and look at your suspension and follow straight above it and you should see an indentation in your body where suspension is hitting. Thank Ford for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts