Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leak from the passenger side axle seal. I can't get it into the shop for a few weeks, so can I top off the transmission fluid in the mean time?

Assuming I just use the normal fill plug in the transmission?

Thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats a cost effective fluid to use in the meantime until I get the seal fixed? Once I get it fixed, I intend to use the Motorcraft Synthetic fluid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to this forum stuff, so just asking what was the outcome of the axle seal leak....I have an 04 SVT I bought in December for a Tow Car and the right axle seal keeps leaking and the Mechanics checked the axle and inside bearing and carrier bearing and all check good but it's leaking again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to this forum stuff, I have an 04 SVT I bought in December for a Tow Car and the right axle seal keeps leaking and the Mechanics checked the axle and inside bearing and carrier bearing and all check good but it's leaking again. This will be the 4th seal tomorrow. The dealership has not charged except for the original. So thats good. But any ideas on what could be happening here. Car seems to run and drive good but something is ruining that seal almost immediately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts