Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced both my motor mounts and trans mount but motor is still moving alot. I replaced the passenger with a piece that you put in. do those not work. It was not that hard to replace but I can move the whole engine with my hands!! Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Positive the motor mounts and your anti roll mount down below are tight ? Normally is you can move the engine that's a dead give away that it's a motor mount. Did you replace the whole mount's or just the polyurethane bushings inside them ? maybe you have a crack in one of your mounts?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I went out and rechecked everything and when I first got this car the engine moved quite a bit so I replaced the torsion mount on the bottom but found nothing wrong with it but replaced it anyway. Fixed it a little I thought but it was the pass. mount that was bad. So I just went out and started all over again and low and behold the torsion mount was almost destroyed (the insert on the back). Luckily I kept the old one and re installed it and it works fine. Thanks for the jab SVTRaider, you made me look!!
Cant understand how it went bad so fast. Even the old one held up to the weak pass mount. Must have just been defective. And its not like I drive the dog piss out of this car it is the family truckster. I use it for mileage only!! OH WELL!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
no problem glad i could spark the solution for you. did you get the VF engineering torsion mount ? Is that the one that was bad or just a stock one ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts