Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's I know it's been a while and I was wondering if you have ever changed a Passenger side motor mount. Last year I was changing out my headlamp assemblies and I accidentally lifted it by the motor and broke the seal on the oil gasket within that mount. Are they expensive? Also how hard is it to replace? Thanks in advance![wrenchin]

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
Really not that hard. Theres a how to on how to do it. Ive done it already a few times so its easy.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you remember how much it cost to replace?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
First off maybe you shouldn't be doing anything to your car if you don't know what your doing. Seriously lifted it by the motor? Better check your oil pan and make sure you didn't bend the crap out of it. Aftermarket mounts are about 50 bucks, Ford ones are about 100 bucks. It's easy to change but not sure about you doing it lol.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was a mistake, honestly I thought I had it on something sturdier, It was night time and I didn't have much light. I bent the oil pan yes but it still operates fine and is not too terribly deformed. It's the only mistake I've made when working on my car so far so give me some credit. I have to change out my battery, a motor mount, rear drums and possibly right front bearing. Also cut the E-brake cable and replace that sometime this week... Just trying to get things straight and in a row before I go to town on this thing.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Well just make sure you read up on anything else you do[thumb], also there are certain spots on the car that makes it safe to jack up on. Also make sure you have enough light and know what you are doing lol. I'm sure you won't make the same mistake twice [:p]

Also don't be afraid to ask questions about anything, you can get lots of help from us

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I know, thank you sleepyboy. I was aiming my new aftermarket projector headlights so we were outside in the dark and yeah. Definitely won't make that mistake again anytime soon. That's why I came here though, to get my questions answered. Thanks though for the info on the mount. Hopefully the dealer or one of the auto shops will have one by the end of the week.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Its really easy to do. Only takes me bout 15 minutes to do. Its pretty straight forward.

Put a jack under the oil pan with a piece of wood to hold up the motor
Move the coolant tank out of the way. 1 bolt and a clip on the strut tower
Remove the mount. 2 nuts on the motor and 3 bolts on the frame rail.
Remove the mount from the base (if you get the mount from Ford it should come with the base) 1 nyloc nut. This parts a bitch. Vice and a breaker bar should do it. If you don't have a vice just stand on it. After a few minutes and a few times throwing it across the garage it will come loose.

·
Registered
106 Posts
there's nothing wrong with lifting the engine from the oil pan to remove the motor mount, as long as you're lifting the engine from the oil pan to remove the motor mount :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts