Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I go to take a friend out and I am being polite and open the passenger door for her and when I shut it the handle on the outside won’t go in all the way... The door closes and stays shut, locks and unlocks from the inside and from the outside with the key perfectly fine.

My car was in the body shop last week and I just got it back two days ago, to color match the fender and bumper they would of taken off the passenger handle right? I dont really wana have to go back to them since they didnt do a great job and they were just bad to do business with.

Should I take it to ford and see if its warrantee or take it to the body shop and ask them to fix it, I have an odd feeling they will deny anything.....

Oh and to boot... I just noticed I am missing my cig lighter plug, it was a chrome plug that said Eject on it. It was only like $20 but I cant find the site I got it from and everyone used to ask saying they wanted it to know the site... [:(!] [:(!] [mad] Looks like I will be goign to the bodyshop monday morning!!!

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
They should cover that under warranty, in fact I'd be shocked if they didn't.......

Wait, it's not clear what you are mentioning, so they bodyshop painted the fender and bumper, that has nothing to do with the door handles? Or did you get those color matched also? If you did, take it back to the bodyshop, regardless if they did a good job or not, they messed up.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry, the body shop color matched my passenger door, fender and bumper (only the passenger fender was replaced) and in doing so I believe they take off the mirror and handle. SO I am guessing they put it on wrong.... I was wondering if you all though it would be something simple I could do myself just by lookin at it with the interior of the door off or if I really should take it back to them or take it to ford.

Thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If its something simple I will just do it myself unless I have to I dont wana go back there...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts