Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my passenger dipped headlight stopped working on my Fcous 2001 ZTEC diesel, but does work on full beam.

I bought a new bulb and reconnected, but it still did not work and also tried switching it with the driver's side light which worked. But when putting back into the passenger side it did not work again!

I have trawelled through the internet to see if there is a solution but to no avail.

I have looked into a earthing issue but all wires seem to be fine. Has anyone experienced the same thing?

To top it off, the same headlight issue has justed happened to my wife's Fiesta!

Any help / advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Not familiar with your model... but there are several possibilities. You may have a specific fuse for that beam. You may have a bad connection or a broken wire in the harness. Or you may have a bad connection in the hi/lo beam switch, or the headlight switch.

I can only guess, because I'm not aware of any specific issues regarding your problem. Try jiggling the hi/low beam switch around, or pulling on the harness. If the light flashes while you're doing this, you've found your problem.

Good luck...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
hmm...i'm at a loss for words right now. i can't believe that the same thing happen to your wifes car also...it most be one thing....

EVIL YARD GNOMES

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Fuse? I don't its worth a shot this is really weird.

·
Registered
324 Posts
hmm yerr i would have thought if there was a fuse.. it would cater for dipped lights as a whole? ie.. both sides? no idea man... like they said, have a look for broken connection..

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Each beam on each bulb is fused seperately for greater confusion.

On the US jobs, it's as follows:

R high- Fuse#27
R low- Fuse #17
L high- Fuse #26
L low- Fuse #16

This is according to my haynes manual. I don't know whether the UK models are the same though. BTW- these fuses are out in the battery junction box- under the hood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts