Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start the car(nobody in the passenger seat) the light comes on with the rest of the dashboard lights, but then goes off. If I don't have a passenger, should that light remain on? Can someone check theirs?

Not sure if the location is the same for all, but in my titanium, it is behind the gear selector near the other sensor buttons(proximity sensors and auto parking sensors)

·
Registered
588 Posts
It is normal for it to come on when you start the car, and then go off.

It will stay lit when the passenger airbag is disabled because of the weight detected in the seat.

A child or child seat will disable the airbag. The weight of an adult will not.

·
Registered
588 Posts
No problem. :)

And thank you for having a relevant thread title!

I'm getting mighty tired of seeing vague and useless thread titles like "I have a question" or "problems". [wiggle]

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Yeah, thanks. i usually do not have a passenger, but I did not know about the child changing the airbag to off too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I noticed when I placed my computer bag in PAX seat, the light stays lit.
No seat belt warning when it thinks a child is there???

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I noticed when I placed my computer bag in PAX seat, the light stays lit.
No seat belt warning when it thinks a child is there???
If the weight sensor in the passenger seat detects a light object, the air bag will be disabled and the air bag deactivation light will be lit.

If the weight sensor in the passenger seat detects a heavy object, the air bag will be enabled and the air bag deactivation light will be off.

In both cases, it doesn't matter if the seat belt is buckled or unbuckled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Airbag light

This was happening to me as well as the rear defrost button not working. Took it to the dealer and they replaced battery and said the connector to the defrost was backwards and that it also controlled the air bag light. They say problem solved...we will see!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for this information. I have taken mine to the dealer four times to figure out why my airbag light comes on and stays on. It is not always because I have something in the seat, but at least when this happens I won't think the car is malfunctioning again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts