Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a k&n cone filter on the end of my MAF housing in place of the stock airbox (kind of a ghetto short ram). it doesn't have an EO number since it's not a kit.

anybody know how to pass the smog test without the EO number?

or somewhere to get tested that knows all k&n filters are OK?

thanks in advance.

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
what do u have the vent hose connected to? or just a filter attached to it? any smog tech that sees that hose with just a filter on it or just open is gonna fail u on the visual inspection. u might find somebody willing to "over look" that

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the lower half of the stock airbox is still in place, and the vent hose is connected to that.

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
u should be fine then. done mention it. and see if he notices. if the cone is inside the box u should be fine. and even if it isnt its just a filter so it shouldnt be an issue

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Yep. Jack let me borrow his when I needed it [:D] He's got the Community Stock Air Intake to Pass Smog Test or CSAIPST. [hihi]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the offer...i may take you up on that if i can't find a shop that will overlook it.

btw, i saw your WTT post...why are you getting rid of your AEM CAI? and would you sell it outright?

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
thanks for the offer...i may take you up on that if i can't find a shop that will overlook it.

btw, i saw your WTT post...why are you getting rid of your AEM CAI? and would you sell it outright?
iono im just looking for a SRI because I like how they look in the engine bay....im willing to sale out right also...just PM me a price.

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Moved you to the zetec chat, any tech. or related questions like this, should be moved to their appropriate areas, so other members may join in or read for reference.
Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts