Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new from Ford, hydraulic pass. side motor mount. I took the black cap off and noticed that the rubber dome is pressed in. It seems like it is not filled with fluid. The old one, that is still in the car, is the opposite way. It feels full. Is the new one like that because it is not installed yet? I am thinking the weight of the motor, once installed, will cause the dome to bulge.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Ive replaced the mount in mine 5 times. Never had one that bulged out. always sunk in.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The one in your car is probably collapsed a bit. That may be why its bulged. Like I said, I've changed this mount plenty of times in mine. Not once did they bulge out.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I put all poly mounts in my car and then went back to oem and got the bulge. It bulged so much the cap to put over would even come close to seating. I never figured out the problem I just dealt with it for awhile and then bought an 07 focus. Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
To much motor vib's w/ poly's?

I put all poly mounts in my car and then went back to oem and got the bulge. It bulged so much the cap to put over would even come close to seating. I never figured out the problem I just dealt with it for awhile and then bought an 07 focus. Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using FF Mobile
So, what is the deal w/ the motor mount's? I just have a poly dogbone. Was there to much motor vib's w/ the poly's?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts