Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an accident a few days ago jacked up my susp. and my passenger seat airbag deployed!!! Can someone please help me out and point in the right direction on how to get rid of the light. Do I have to replace the entire seat, a module etc.? I've heard a few opini opinions, but I wanna be sure about this. So any info would be greatly appreciated.[ffrocks]

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
First off call your insurance company. Second yea I believe the seat needs to be replaced. I would worry about the suspension before I worry about the air bag light on while driving. Sounds like the car my be unfit to drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea for sure ive got the suspension taken care of already same day actually and my wheel its just the airbag situation that's bugging me now. Is it just the seat that has to replaced or is there reprogramming that has to be done to a module?

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Ok, that sounds better lol. I would imagine the computer needs to be reset. I've never wrecked a air equipped car. But I would imagine if you replace the seat as well as any sensors that was hit to cause the air bags to deploy it would shut off. Other wise a dealership should be able to reset it for ya.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol yea it took all day to get it back together and get the parts as well ill head up to the dealership tom. and ask, and I guess start lookin for a seat.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You probably don't need to do any kind of reset, earlier systems are likely not that complex. The airbag module is continuously scanning it's various circuits for proper resistances, the light comes on when something throws off a circuit resistance (like a missing component) and generally they go back off if all the parts are there and undeployed.

There's no good way to get the light to go off without having all the components in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts